Wednesday, May 4, 2016

About a free time activity

Day 1:

I've just joined the Adopt a Grandparent project, a group of volunteers who believe spending time with old people that stay in a retirement home helps them feel happier. I volunteer with a friend at a retirement home near my town's church. Volunteering there it's just a really good way to forget about problems for a while and learn things about the past. I spent de first day visiting all the rooms and meeting Maria, our “fake” grandmother. She's already 100 years old but she's truly still young at heart!

Day 2:

I went to the old-people's house today. The project's been amazing so far. Maria explained us about herself and the time she lived in France. Núria and I laughed a lot but we barely talked. I mean, Maria was talking all the time! But we do feel very useful. Old people feel alone sometimes, and I guess it's nice having someone young you can share your experiences with.

Day 3:


I've been thinking on what I want to do when I get older a lot lately. And I'm really not sure. That's why I'm planning to organize myself a gap year between high school and college, so that I have more time to decide what I want to study. And while searching on the Internet, I read about becoming an AuPair! AuPairs in the US live with an American family for a year or more and they take care of their children. I love children as much as I love old people, so that's a perfect program for me! And I also want to travel a lot so, can it be better? Anyways that's gonna be in 2 years so I'll have to wait untill then!

No comments:

Post a Comment